On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rookie Ramblings

I don't really know what I am doing--I'm just doing it cuz everyone else is. People tell me I should get a blog so here it is.

I guess I can write about the football game I am currently watching: Jacksonville v. New England. I want Jax to win; they aren't really my team. I don't even have an NFL team, but I am sick of New England winning all the time.

I lost interest in sports once I moved away from home. (School has consumed my life for the past. . . . too long). I am all about the underdog, or just different teams getting attention once in awhile (who really cares about winning). I feel the same way about the New York Yankees they have too much publicity, and money, and they really aren't that good (hello Boston Red Sox). Oh no! Flashbacks to junior high, and being told I suck at sports! I guess my disdain for organized sports is based off of a horrible experience that I can't let go of. it's true that school create this attitude that sports are only about winning, so forget about having fun, being excused from classes, and making exercising look fun.

Sometimes it's nice to be damaged, or affected, or just bitter. It gives you something to write about, and people suck it up like cherry-coke-blueberry slurpies. OUCH! Ice headache. I think I am going to be sick now!

Even if Jax doesn't win the Packers did! Go Cheeseheads!

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

You are hilarious!! I love the slurpie analogy...Change your blogger profile and take the city out. Be careful about specifics, I am probably going to delete my archives soon because I mentioned too much about our family!