On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, January 21, 2008

Reading Quiz

This is what I do when I am bored. Make tests. I guess I need to practice since I plan on becoming a teacher. This quiz will be on all the pop culture references I have made in my blog thus far. It shouldn't be too hard since I have only 7 posts. But now you know how closely you need to pay attention! There will definitely be more references and more quizzes in the future. (Note: Not all the answers can be found by reading my blog-- you just need to know pop culture as well as I do!)

#1. In "Did you see that?! DID YOU SEE THAT?!" I said Brett Favre "was not at all unpleasant to look at!" (Did you really think that I came up with that line on my own?) What favorite movie of mine was I quoting, who said it, and whom is it really said about (the part about not being at all unpleasant to look at) . . .

a. The Goonies, Andy about Sloth
b. Clueless, Cher about Travis the skater
c. Emma, Miss Bates about Mr. Frank Churchill
or d. It was really me, and I say it about every good looking guy I see (especially Brett Favre).








#2. What classic Christmas movie did I loosely quote when I skipped over the "double dog dare," and went straight to "the triple dog dare"?

a. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
b. It's a Wonderful Life with the late Jimmy Stewart.
c. A Christmas Story
d. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

#3 A lot of times Disney cartoon series will take story lines from real events and fictionalize them. In one episode they mixed the tragedy of the Titanic and the Hindenburg, and flipped it into a somewhat happy story, but only to have the story end like the Titanic and Hindenburg (but without the deaths). One of the characters in this episode was know to say "billions and billions" a lot. What was the cartoon?

a. Jem
b. Tale Spin
c. Ducktales, or
d. Mickey's Playhouse

#4 What does Professor Trelawney teach at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?

a. Defense Against the Dark Arts
b. Transfiguration
c. Divination, or
d. Predicting the deaths of Harry Potter.

#5 What's a "grim" in Harry Potter?

a. I don't know only wizards can see them
b. an animal that likes shiny objects, and is really good and finding buried treasure.
c. a big black dog that's a bad omen. The person that sees it will usually die shortly after. Professor Trelawney predicted Harry's death a lot in his third year, and pretty much everytime she sees him after that.
d. Sirius Black





#6 What teenie bopper flick is the quote"back in the game from," and why does the character say it?

a. Emma, Emma hit the center target when she was practicing archery with Mr. Knightley.
b. Searching for Bobby Fischer, after he beat the Russian.
c. 10 Things I Hate About You, after Cameron is kissed by Bianca.
d. She's All that, Zach says to Laney Boggs after she is hit in the head with a volleyball.









#7 Why was I inspired to buy a pink ruffly umbrella in Thailand?

a. All the Thai people had them, even the guys-- hey they wore pink flowery shorts too!
b. It was cheaper than the green umbrella with ducks.
c. Because I like the color pink, and Emma Woodhouse had a ruffly umbrella. or is it
d. I like to collect rare umbrellas.

Bonus question for all the points . . .

What is my favorite color? and Why?

5 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

I dunno? But I want a pink umbrella. Go ahead and post a link
:0) Jen

Williams Family Dirt said...

The answers are all "C" and your favorite color is pink, don't remember why though?! If I am correct you need to change your quiz making skills!

Thaddacious said...

I think it is quiet possible that you are the strangest person i know. And i know strange people. Yes. its definetly possible.

Kerri Russell said...

what quiz making skills do I need to change? Like my quiz I am confused!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Did you hear about Heath Ledger? I was going to call you but it would have been like past 11:00 pm. I know you will miss him terribly....