On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Did you see that?! DID YOU SEE THAT?!

So, I go to church from 2-5 pm (and it kills me), and then I get home and get out of my stockings faster than you can say "football" (they're already off!). As I was preparing my leftover Thai food (it was ok) I remembered that today was the NFC playoffs, which I have been waiting for all week. When I turned the game on there was 11 minutes left in the second quarter, and the score was 6-0 Giants. I wasn't too worried given what happened when the Packers played . . . that other team last week, and was behind the first quarter and then scored 6 touchdowns in a row.

I have since come to the conclusion that Favre is a good leader. He is the glue of the team. He really knows how to rally the team and give them hope. That is exactly what he did the next play, after the receivers almost lost the ball on the kick off. Favre threw to #80 Donald Driver then he ran for 90 yards for the touchdown, and the kicker got the field goal giving the Packers the lead. I called my sister to make sure she saw what I just saw. By the time I got my phone, called her, and she picked up, she (and her family) had just sat down, but they were still cheering. I'm sure the BPD showed up to answer some neighbor's call about disturbing the peace.

After one play they're "back in the game!" It's psychological. The Packers get inside their opponents' heads, and pull the rug, or astro turf, right out from underneath them. They pretend to lose for awhile.

Then the Giants had to score:#27 Jacobs is a punkbutt faking the signature "jump into the crowd move" the Packs do to honor their fans. Maybe Eli Manning should have had his fiancee sit up in the suite instead of in the stands among the Packer fans (superstitions are so silly!).

I like Brett Favre. "He's not at all unpleasnat to look at."