On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, May 30, 2008

I Am Going to Have to Hire a Driver

I'm usually a chill person, but I totally stress/freak out when I'm driving. I swear I will die early from a heart attack while I am driving. Granted, I am not the best driver in the world, or America, but I feel like I am a little better than Utah drivers, and they are the cause of my anxiety.

Today I was driving along a certain street in the certain town that I live in, and there is a line of cars in my lane ahead, and so I start to slow down . . . oh wait first before that story . . . so I turn right onto the above street, and there is an old lady turning into my lane while I am coming up behind her (from what I saw I think she was flipping a "Uey" in a driveway, and coming out of it) and she keeps going (finishing the maneuver) and so I swerve to miss her, thank God no one was coming up behind me, and then I continue on my partially merry way (my anxiety level went up, and didn't come down yet) until the next incident . . . before I hit the cars in front of me, leaving a gap, another person decides to pull-out in front of me TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE! Honey if you're going to pull out in front of someone make sure you are not on the phone. So, by now my anxiety is through the roof--of my car!

The problem is, is that people just don't pull out in front of you and get their butts in gear, they do it in slow motion. I hate it when I am driving at a comfortable speed, cruising along enjoying my tunes, with my hair blowing (to my air conditioner), with the right-of-way and then some putz makes me brake. That is the most annoying thing I can think of. Oh it continues . . .

So then I turn right onto a bigger street that goes up a hill, and more crap happens. This is ridiculous! I can't take it anymore! There is only one thing that I will have to do--hire a driver!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Amen Sister. I hate Utah drivers and unprotected turn signals!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Dittos, Utah Valley is the worst. Also, that hill you were going up has the worst traffic!!

Kerri Russell said...

Do you know what hill I'm talking about? Yeah people are doing crazy things on that hill all the time. It totally freaks me out!

mid said...

https://www.ted.com/profiles/23116462