On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Saturday, May 17, 2008

OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder, or OMD: Obsessive Meyer Disorder


Last Night I was at the Stephenie Meyer event from 5 pm until midnight. Yes, I am a fanatic... but am I?! I came wearing black capris a white shirt (and my volunteer vest), but there were some fans dressed in "Twilight shirts" wearing pins that said I Love Ian, Jared, or whatever, one girl came as Wanderer, and many more interesting things. Yeah, I was dedicated, I went with a hurt ankle (it was still a little swollen), and it bothered me as the night progressed (but it was fine from 7 am 'til about 7 pm), but I think I was better off than some of the pregnant women that had contractions, and the girl that had an I.V. in her arm that had to get back to the hospital. No, I did not complain when people with special needs had to move to the front of the line to get there books signed (there were times when I stopped caring about telling people to back away from the stage to get pictures), but I waited until midnight to get my picture with her!

So, because I volunteered and did not camp out in front of Borders Monday night to buy The Host and event ticket Tuesday morning, and I dressed normally, and waited patiently to take a picture with her, does that mean I am obsessed? or does it mean that I have a well-adjusted appreciation/admiration for Stephenie Meyer and her writing skills?

On a scale of 1-10 how obsessed am I (1 meaning not at all, and 10 meaning Stephenie should put a restraining order against me)? Yeah, that's me standing on her right--suckas!!

3 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

I am the only loser that has not read one of these books. I guess I better get started this summer!

The1stdaughter said...

cndmrzqOkay...so I am completely and totally jealous! I love Stephenie and am going to see her this weekend.

By the way, I'm Brianna's older, more well read sister (ie anything Stephenie Meyer wrote, hehe). Now, if we could just get Bri to read this stuff!

The1stdaughter said...

I am going to the LaJolla signing with our other sister Gill on Friday. I can't wait!