On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, June 2, 2008

Speculating the Twilight Saga Outcome

I am really bugged by the new cover for the upcoming Twilight book Breaking Dawn. It's ugly, and lame. It was a total let down, and a waste of $13 (I got it on sale), [sigh] oh well, Iguess I can put it in my classroom. To me it feels like it deviates from the theme of the other covers--minimalistic . . . symbolic . . . you know--I just don't get what chess has to do with vampires (maybe Edward goes to a chess tournament and meets Bobby Fischer, who, according to Wikipedia, died this year, but he is immortalized as a vampire because Victoria made him a part of her vampire army--obviously before he died--and Bobby is her new love interest after the death of James, and Bobby manages to escape before the Volturi sweep in and clean things up, and then, this is where the plot gets good, because he's supersmart, you know, and is a good tracker, and hunts Jacob down after the big battle, and he holds Jacob hostage until Edward and Bella come to save him, because Bella convinces Edward to help Jacob, and Edward would do anything for Bella ["love"] and the "chess game" begins). But then again, I don't know how to play chess, and what it has to do with the Twilight saga is all speculative right now. I guess I will have to wait until August to read it; hopefully I will be able to make the connection.

I like the covers for Twilight and Eclipse, but New Moon and Breaking Dawn are just . . .I don't know, not relevant (and confusing). So, I guess the even numbers get the sucky covers, which is sad because I like even numbers.

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Where did you see this??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerri Russell said...

the cover is on her website, and I on the cover is also on the backside of the Eclipse special edition cover.