On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I need to get a dog . . . No a cat

So all my friends and family members that have blogs are always writing about their kids, and poopy pants stories. I have nothing like that, I feel so out of the loop. My woes seem so superficial: meeting Stephenie Meyer, American Idol, body injuries, old mission stories, and other random stories. I should buy a kid or something, so I can keep up. If anyone out there has multiple children, and would like to give one, or two, to me I will take them.

Or maybe I should get a dog! No, a cat because I don't care for dogs (they're too much effort), then I will have something to write about, someone to take pictures with (and post on my blog), and brag about. I could even name my blog after my dog or cat. I want a Burmese cat, and I can dress her up in a pink tutu and buy a tiara for her . . . Oh that would be so much fun! I am so excited now! I think I will name her Duchess.

But wait, the cat would get all the attention and not me. People will start commenting on how cute she is with her squashed face, soft fur, and the tiara . . . I should wear the tiara. It's a good thing my apartment won't allow animals or kids. I have a responsible free life, and it's great! No, I don't think I will get the cat, and just work on getting the boyfriend.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Kerri, this is your funniest post yet. I say go for the cat. They are WAY easier than a boyfriend. :-)

Laura said...

Kerri...I forgot how random you are. I would totally read your blog even if you don't have a fluffy cat to write about because I think you're funny. I a link to UVSC English teachers on your blog and I am assuming that that's what you graduated in. I graduated in English Lit. and am still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up. Are you planning on teaching in Utah? I would love to hear how your student teaching goes. I've never really wanted to be a teacher but I've been flirting with the idea.

Kyla said...

ya, i agree with brooke. get a at because if you get a boyfriend, i wont have a babysitter anymore.

Brooke said...

Hi. I found your blog on someone else's blog. I saw your name and thought, "hey, isn't kerri russell like someone famous?" Well maybe you are, maybe you're not but you're pretty funny whoever you are. HAHAHA!
(I have a 3 year old son with plenty of poopy stories if you would like to borrow him)
I thought about putting him on craigslist.com but then again someone just got arrested for that yesterday.
Anyways, hi.

Brooke said...

Oh and I'm totally with you on the cartoons they need to bring back. Especially Jem and She-ra.

I sure do miss my big-purple-headed Jem doll.

mid said...

https://www.wattpad.com/user/dimdimaja