On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"H" is for Harry Potter

I haven't written about my man in awhile, and he's slowly being "eclipsed" by Edward, but don't you fear Harry will always have a special place in my heart. I know, it's so weird to be obsessed with fictional characters, but they seriously have helped me get through some rough times in my life. I like to call it bibliotherapy (ok, so that's what the shrink calls it). Anyways, I saw the trailer for it, and I seriously got the chills. I am so excited to see how Hollywood interprets the magical world that J.K . Rowling created on screen. Here's a link to the trailer:

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk/site/index.html

I guess I'll be spending November 21 in line at the theaters! I think I should plan a trip to Thailand on the 2oth of November!

No comments: