On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, August 1, 2008

"E" Is for Why Can't I Find an Edward?

I finished reading Breaking Dawn on Sunday, and it's sooo good! (Don't worry I'm not gonna spoil it.)

Why can't I find a guy like Edward? Oh, that's right they don't exist (vampires that is)! He's way too perfect, and no man on earth can live up to those expectations. But, some guys can at least emulate, or mimic his perfectness. It's not that hard to treat a girl with respect, and like she's the only one on earth, and that you would do anything for her. Now is that too much to ask?!

But what do I know!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Well, I haven't read the new book (and probably won't, since I didn't like the last one), but I'm guessing that you'll have a pretty hard time finding yourself an Edward. Problem: If I remember right, it took him 100 or so years to get to be that "good." Men just don't come by that naturally.

That, and the fact that he's fictional. But hey, next time I'm up in Forks, I'll see what I can find for you. :-)

Williams Family Dirt said...

When you meet Mr. Right, he will be your Edward!