On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Why am I Covered in Feathers"

Twilight is back in the media with the new Entertainment Weekly cover of Bella and Edward (they should have consulted me before going to press!), and I am at a loss due to the fact that the movie isn't coming out until December. Though the book release is 2 weeks away, I would like to see a picture of Stephenie Meyer on the cover rather than the movie. But that's not the point, on Stephenie's website http://stepheniemeyer.com are "quotes of the day" taken from the upcoming finale to the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. There is no backstory, or context clues, so they are just random. Today's quote is: Bella, "Why am I covered in feathers?"

Backstory #1:
Rosalie and Alice throw a sleepover/bridal shower for Bella. Like at all girl sleepovers there is a pillow fight, and it's fierce, cuz you know, vampires don't play fair--they cheat by using their magical powers--and Bella loses. She wakes up the next day surrounded by feathers, and Edward laughs at the scene.
Backstory#2:
The Cullen's lose their fortune, and all the vampires, including Bella, have to take on full-time jobs. Bella gets the worst one--plucking chicken feathers for KFC.
Backstory#3 (This is really fun):
Instead of turning into a vampire, like Edward promised, she turns into a griffin, a formidable mythological creature that is part lion and part eagle (the feathers), now she can kick butt!

What do you think it means?

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I think the Volturri takes her and hides her in a barn from the Cullens.

musicbug312 said...

actually its because edward and bella... 'do it' and then edward gets crazy and rips up a pillow!