On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Thursday, July 31, 2008

"C" Is for Can't Wait to Get New Clothes

I'm gonna do it. You can't talk me out of it. I probably shouldn't . . . . but I am. I need to! It's not a want, it's a need, a must, a . . . . if I don't do it now I won't be able to do it later. I need to get the bug out before fall, and besides, I am going to a party this weekend.

I was looking at the clothes in my closet and I realized that they are either too churchy or too schooly. Like they are clothes you just throw on when you roll out of bed for an 8 am class (normally, I would just wear my pj's on such a day, but I got in trouble for that, so I just make a nonchalant wardrobe change instead of getting dressed up). I don't have clothes or shoes for my nonexistent social life, but just in case I do get a life I need to be prepared.

I also need to get dressier clothes for the fall, so I will be taken seriously as a student teacher. I think I will get glasses too and wear my hair in a bun, the "no nonsense" look, to scare the pee out of the students. Teaching is going to be soooo cool!!

1 comment:

Devon said...

I say do it! Do you remember the "Field of Dreams" theory (if you build it they will come), maybe it applies to buying a new wardrobe too. If not, at least you have a closet full of joy!