On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Accepting Donations


I don't think I have talked about my elation over the reunification of New Kids on the Block (if Spice Girls can get back together so can the boys from the city). Were they really split up? or did they take a hiatus from the music business? So, anyways, I really want to go to their concert in Salt Lake City, and being the "poor college (happily single) student" that I am, I will need to find someone to go with, this means that I will need to buy at least 2 tickets. I could use the ticket as a nonconfrontational, unscary way to ask a guy out (but most likely a guy would not want to go to New Kids), or convince a guy to buy both tickets. Either way tickets are not cheap, and I will need help in purchasing them. Therefore, I am accepting donations, or any financial support (like a loan with no interest!) in purchasing said tickets, and it could be declared as a tax ride off or something. Consider it charity!

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Just put it on a credit card and call it an emergency!!

Jen Wolff said...

I don't know if you could find a guy that quickly who would of his own free will see NKOTB. If they liked them or went, they're probably gay or really into you . So since you are unattached, take a (girl)friend who appreciates the boy band. Just put it on your cc and call it a graduation gift to yourself or eat top ramen for a month or two. Kiahna and I are experts at rationalizing why we should do things.