On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Get Rich Quick Schemes

Have you ever just wanted to throw your computer against the wall because it's acting retarded?! (I believe computers, like robots, have feelings, can think for themselves, and therefore can act retarded. Eventually they will soon take over the human race!) Well this weekend I didn't, but instead decided to buy a new one. I came into some money thanks to the government (pell grant), and put it in my savings so it will accrue interest (not very much), and well, it did, eventually I had enough money to buy a nice MacBook, and I am enjoying it.

Now I need to be really careful with my spending! I think I will go on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" as my next get rich quick scheme.