On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, March 10, 2008

Is There a Drug For That? and My Dream as an English Major

OK! So this is what I have diagnosed myself with so far: ADHD (who hasn't had it at one time), speech fluency AKA cluttering (if you ever listen to me talk you will know that I am somewhat incoherent), and receptive language disorder; this weekend I had a case of insomnia (thank you Mountain Dew), but made up for it with my fight against narcolepsy in church; I may possibly have anemia, but that's still inconclusive; I tried to develop tourettes, but gave it up; I also have chionophobia, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (the fear of long words, but really multisyllable words--it's the closest I could find--I wonder if that is considered irony), Homichlophobia (thank you Bakersfield--fear of fog-- hahaha), and a good ol' fashion case of hypochondriatitis (wow! and neologism). At least I don't have MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder, with all my self-diagnosed diseases that would be scary! Oh yeah I also have the common cold. Don't worry, I will still be diagnosing myself at least until April, when I graduate.

How long do you think it would take Dr. House to diagnose me?

(I finally did it! I always wanted to write one very long convoluted sentence, my dream as an English major. Nietzsche would be proud!)

2 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

You need to see Dr. Phil! LOL!

Kerri Russell said...

yeah! It's all psychological! hahaha!