On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Complacency Isn't a Good Thing

I go to church at 2 pm which is ridiculous. As I was sitting in Sacrament meeting I was thinking to myself I need to find a ward that starts earlier--this is in the middle of my nap time I can do 9 am! It's weird because when church starts later I feel less spiritual, like I can get away with reading, doing my homework, or listening to music (maybe stuff I should or should not be doing . . . ) and forget to get ready. I get so caught up in what I am doing that I don't realize, "Oh! It's 12 o'clock. I need to get ready now!" (the fact that I am an early riser does not help the situation). Having church in the middle of the day, and into the evening, I feel takes away from the holiness of the day-- it just isn't right. I guess this is another reason for me to move. The problem is I am too lazy to move, and I have a pretty decent pad with decent amenities, and the situation is decent. Complacency isn't a good thing.

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

JUST MOVE ALREADY YOU BIG NERD!!!YOU WILL BE HAPPIER, AND CHANGE IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING!!

Brianna said...

Are you sure it is decent? The roommates? Come on, it is time to move and have change. It will be a good thing for you. Time to meet new people!! Plus it is almost summer time and there are many places that are probably as nice as the one you are living in.