On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Finished! (Finally)


I finished reading The Host, and I love it! At first I didn't care for the ending, but now I realize that it fit the rules of the world that Stephenie Meyer created.

I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Sarah Carlston said...

I so can not get into this book. I have been on page 15 for 3 weeks now. Ugh...guess I need to go read it.

Kerri Russell said...

Yeah it's hard to get into, but that's how I felt about the Twilight books. The beginning is really confusing, but it picks up, and it's really good. It kinda makes you think about what it means to be human.

Jen Wolff said...

I just bought it and I am starting it tonight. I read her other three all last week. I'm reading this to take the sting out of waiting for Breaking Dawn. Yeah, I am hooked.

Williams Family Dirt said...

It is a slow read at first...but keep on reading. The beginning is full of details like all of Stephenie's other books.