On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Greatest American Novel

I read To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time when I was 25; I saw the movie for the first time when I was 27. What have I been doing with my life? The first time I read TKAM I fell in love with the book--dropping Harry Potter down to second place. It is "The Greatest Novel" ever written. And the movie . . . . is amazing! This movie is an American treasure, and should not be remade, cuz who could play Atticus better than Gregory Peck, and Boo. . . .

Nobody told me that Robert Duvall played Boo Radley, my respect for the man has shot up 100%! I love Boo (and Duvall)!

I should start a Boo Radley fan club.

3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I haven't read it either...I have problems with reading the classics...they don't capture me right away, so I get bored with them to easily.

Devon said...

I read it in high school and liked it, but its been a while so I need to read it again. The one book I don't ever care to read again is the one about the guy (I think his name was Lenny) who killed the mice and then the girl. Do you know which one I'm talking about?

Kerri Russell said...

I don't, but I'm thinking one flew over the cuckoo's nest