On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, June 23, 2008

Sometimes I Wish I Were Mean

Today a person came into work and asked for some help. Being the nice person that I am (and because it is in my job description) I helped him. The problem with this guy is that he is really polite, so I would look like a rude annoyed [insert expletive here] person. Said person has been into the office at least 3 times before concerning the same thing. He's talked to the department chair, and the adviser about the same question, and every time he's gotten the same answer, which is exactly what I told him every other time he's come in. Get this, he wants to be a surgeon! hahaha

I had to explain to the distressed individual how to look up classes online, and I did it off the top of my head and explained it perfectly without having to open up the web browser, and the person still didn't get it. He said "I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying. . . you're not clear." Was I speaking Chinese?! I told the person when you do a class search, look for the class that you want to take that is not located in these rooms[classrooms given here]--as if I didn't explain it clearly, how transparent do I have to be? So then I had to take the helpless person through the registration process step by step.

This person is a fully grown homo sapien with a fully developed brain, at the top of the food chain, not some 18 year old that needs their parent to hold their hand and wipe their nose (this type also annoys me, the student and parent), he's been doing the college thing for awhile, so I'm the one that's confused, about how he managed to get this far! It was really hard for me to control my facial expressions. When his back was turned I rolled my eyes, hit my forehead, and made nasty faces at him (it's really good that God didn't give us eyes in the back of our heads, or I would be in serious trouble, but I already am with Him--I'm so driving the bus). He thought I was being nice to him . . . he has no idea (and even if he read my blog, which he wouldn't, he wouldn't know I was talking about him)!

You probably think I am a mean person, which I am, but I would never be mean to your face. I don't have the guts!

1 comment:

Jen Wolff said...

No worries Kerri, if he can register, I doubt he has enough computer savy to find your blog. Vent away!!!! Let's hope we never need a surgery from him!!!!!