On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, November 2, 2009

Maybe being on the news will help me get a job

After moving back to California the job search has been slow, but I know that something will happen. It has to. I have worked a little here and a little there, but nothing permanent yet.

Last Thursday my dad told me about a job fair around 10 am. I quickly got ready, updated my resume and printed 20 copies, and drove to the Kern County Fair Grounds (I turned down the wrong street and had to back track) by the time I got checked in it was 10 minutes to noon (it was over at 1 pm). This job fair was different from the job fairs I've attended at UVU--employers didn't bring pens--but I made some contacts with potential employers.

Today I am finishing up some resumes, and I am going to fill out some applications. So yes, the job fair was useful, but what was the most useful was being interviewed by Sabrina Rodriguez on 29 Eyewitness News. An old friend Facebooked me to wish me luck, while other friends called to tell me they saw me on the news. Hopefully my 15 minutes of fame will help secure a job!

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Thanks for posting the link, it was awesome! Way to hunt for a job! Hopefully something will turn up soon.

Brooke said...

Good luck on the job search. And you looked GREAT on TV!