On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, November 30, 2009

The best movie of the year

I recently learned who the second highest paid player in football is: the Left Tackle, or the guy on the blind side. Two Fridays in a row I paid full price to watch The Blind Side, and I will probably do it again. It's a good movie. (Sandra Bullock's best role this year, although I think Mary Horowitz was pretty cool in All About Steve--maybe only because I can relate to her nerdy side.)

The movie is so uplifting, and so good. I really like Michael Oher ("Oar like the paddle"), he's a beast, with 98% protective instincts.

The movie has inspired me to read the book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, and be a Baltimore Ravens fan. I need to buy a Ravens hoodie to make it official.

Next Monday the Ravens are playing the Green Bay Packers.