On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, November 20, 2009

How Far WIll You Go for an Obsession?

I'm running on only 3.5 hours of sleep. Why do I do this to myself? Oh wait, because I'm a self-proclaimed nerd, and I love my nieces and nephews and apparently their friends. Last night I froze my bottom off waiting outside from 8-10 pm, and then in the theater from 10 pm-12:01 am to see The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

It was about 20 minutes before we were to go into the theater that I started handing out the tickets when I realized I was one short. Luckily, I had the receipt, so I got the manager to sign the receipt, and I was able to get in. Later I learned that I handed one of the kids an extra ticket (they were stuck together).

Once we got inside and claimed our seats, a group us took our camping chairs out to the car, and some people watched Twilight on the computer before the movie started, of course, so they could have the story fresh in their mind, while other people napped for about an hour or so before the movie--hey whatever helps you stay awake during a 2+ hour movie.

So, that is why I am only operating on 3.5 hours of sleep. Eventually I will take a nap, or just go all day like I did last year.

The things we do for our obsessions!

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

We were in the theater by 8 am because we got Twilight tickets. So they showed Twilight before New Moon, for a few theaters. It was fun, but I am tired. My tailbone hurts after sitting for 6+ hours. Twilight is truly more cheasy than New Moon, thank goodness for a better director, and special effects! The acting improved significantly too!

Brooke said...

You are SO cool (in a nerdy sort of way). :-) I admit that I'm not a Stephanie Meyers fan, but it still sounds fun to hang out in camp chairs in a parking lot watching Twilight with a bunch of friends.