On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Blog!

I started a new blog. This blog is more topic oriented rather than about randomness, my going-ons, or whatever crosses my mind at the moment. I'm setting it up so anybody who wants to post can; so send your email address to kerri.russell4181@gmail.com if you want to post stuff, and I will send you an invite to write for the blog, of course the comments are open to everyone. The blog is about books. It can be what you're currently reading, what you've already read, or about a book that you're struggling to get through and you just need a little motivation. If you're itching to rant (or rave) about Twilight, or you can't get enough of Jane Austen, or you want to discuss how "Big Brother is watching you" then head over to www.literature4theilliterate.blogspot.com and write a post or leave a comment. The title of the blog is "I'm Quite Illiterate, but I Read A Lot" from The Catcher in the Rye.

No comments: