On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Monday, February 2, 2009

SuperBowl Madness

In the past few years I haven't been watching football as much as I use to growing up, and I think that is because there aren't any teams that I can get behind. When I was a youngin' I was a fan of the 49ers. In elementary school, I remember a boy who was a die hard Rams fan came to school wearing everything Rams on Frideay, and on Monday was donning the winning team's gear (I think it was the49ers). This year the only football game I watched was the Rose Bowl, and the Super Bowl.

I watched it at a friends house who was a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and I was rooting for the Arizona Cardinals. I didn't really care about either team (and quite frankly the Steelers have a fistful and one set of rings, so they really didn't need anymore), so in cases like this I usually root for the underdog. It was fun to see my friend sweat in the last two minutes of the game when the Cardinals pulled ahead 23-20. I even teased her about some of the Steelers "unnecessary roughness" calls, and they were bad. Who starts a fight with the opposing team on their sideline, and right in front of the ref? If you're going to taunt the other team you do it secretly--definitely not a brilliant move!

The game was quite impressive, except for Springsteen's crotch shot during the half-time show, the commercials were ok, and The Office post show was hilarious, so all around it was a good night of entertainment.

No comments: