On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Now It's Time to Break Out Those Dusty Christmas Records!

I guess it is officially ok to start celebrating Christmas. I just feel like Thanksgiving needs it's time in the sun (it doesn't get much of it anyways, especially not this year, it was overcast all day in Bakersfield). Happy Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, and Christmas (and any other December holidays) to everyone. Happy Father's Day to all my friends in Thailand on December 5th (that's the king's birthday, he is turning 81 this year)! As a side note, I wouldn't mind being in Thailand right now, being stuck for a few extra day wouldn't be so bad to me, I just hope I wouldn't go broke from all the extra shopping I would be doing--Oh wait Thailand is cheap! (As of 9:33 MST the exchange rate is 1.00 USD = 35.6907 THB.)




No comments: