On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Lately I haven't been writing much because I feel like my life is lackluster at the moment (like Carl Allen's, played by Jim Carrey, on Yes Man, which causes me to think that maybe I should start saying "yes" to everything?!), but something fascinating always happens around Christmas--like flying into Long Beach instead of Burbank and stopping to eat at Cupid's Hot Dogs because it's hard to find a good chili dog anymore, and then eating the traditional Christmas Eve won tons, opening presents and going to breakfast at Denny's on Christmas morning, and then going to see a movie that opens on Christmas Day because after presents there isn't much else to do.

If you're not already bored here's something exciting. Just the other night I was playing Rock Band, and I was the singer for either "I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage, or "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, or "Baba O'Reilly" by The Who, and I was getting my groove on (I was "playing" the tambourine) and I tripped over a huge box and fell on a controller. Now I have a huge contusion on my knee, and hit my head against my sister's soft plush foot rest. Only I would do something so stupid.

No comments: