On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, February 8, 2008

A conflict of interest: Cedric Diggory plays Edward the Vampire

So, I just heard that Cedric Diggory is going to play the vampire in the Twilight series movie. I think this is a conflict of interest. You can't go from being a wizard to being a vampire, especially with the competition between Harry Potter and Twilight (I know there really isn't competition Twilight can't hold a candle to the unprecedented phenomenon of Harry Potter). If you go to Stephanie Meyer's homepage the picture of Cedric Diggory A.K.A Robert Pattinson is on the first page (just scroll down a bit), doesn't he look Vampirish?!

I guess I am going to have to go buy the books and read them now!

3 comments:

a_stubborn_girl said...

I beg to differ. I think Twilight can “hold a candle to … Harry Potter”

“Move over, Harry Potter.

After three weeks, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final book in J.K. Rowling's series, has been knocked off its perch atop USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list by another fantasy aimed at teens.

Eclipse, the third book in Stephenie Meyer's series about a girl whose boyfriend is a vampire, enters the list today at No. 1, edging out Hallows (No. 2)."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2007-08-15-eclipse_N.htm

Williams Family Dirt said...

I think he would make a great Edward, besides he died in the Goblet of Fire---may Cedric live on!!

P.s. Thanks for clearing it up for me I knew I saw that actor from somewhere!

Adam said...

You can go from being a wizard to being a vampire if you are already a wizard and a vampire bites you.

Duh.