On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's Back-to-School Shopping Time

It's only July 11th and the back-to-school sales have already started. I went into Wal*Mart and there was a cardboard display for school supplies listed by grade. The funny thing is that retailers and marketers can assume what students need, but it's best to just wait until the first  day to find out what your teachers really require. Yeah go ahead and buy a backpack with a matching lunchpail, and some paper, but don't waste too much time or money.

After I graduated, I felt empty not being able to buy school supplies. Pens. Binders. Notebooks. Filler Paper. I love shopping for school supplies. For two years I missed out. It's nice to be a teacher because I can shop in the back-to-school section again. That is such a nerd thing to do. . . want to shop for school supplies. School supplies are so fun.


1 comment:

Brooke said...

I TOTALLY 100% agree!! I love shopping for school supplies - fresh, clean binders; sharp pencils with unused erasers; and my personal favorite: a brand new notebook full of lined pages, just waiting to be filled!