On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Uh-Mazing!

Being sick is no fun. I had plans of being productive today (yesterday was my "Lazy Day"), but thanks to the stomach flu I have to sip on gatorade (to stay hydrated in 110+degree weather); eat crackers, chicken noodle soup, and applesauce; and watch TV (perhaps another Millionaire Matchmaker marathon, yes please!). Poor miserable me.

While laying in bed watching TV, VH1 was playing videos--I know, shocker right?!-- and my favorite artist of the moment (perhaps for the rest of my life) Kelly Clarkson came on. I absolutely love her music. She has a song for every mood (happy, sad, angry, in love, out-of-love), and Stronger is by far her best album, I pretty much like every song.  "Dark Side" came on after some lame song, and while I was facebooking/playing an internet game--yes, I can multi-task--I took a break to watch because before then the videos were just background noise to my rumbling twisting stomach. I looked up and said "She looks uh-MAZING!" Check it out for yourself.



I also bought a magazine with her on the cover.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Great song, important message. I hope you feel better soon!

Bre said...

Yes, feel better soon! I'm not a Kelly Clarkson fan, but I did like this video and song, and she does look great.

Kerri Russell said...

Yeah it is a good song!