On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Tests

I really hate taking tests. I especially hate it when my future is determined by the outcome of those tests. We all had to take those poorly written standardized tests to move on to the next grade (a lot of times those tests have nothing to do with any content that you learned), or the SAT/ACT for college, and then once you got accepted into preferred college you had to take a placement exam for math or English. Then there are those exams that are required for aspiring teachers (even teachers have to take tests).

I'm talking about my TB test and my physical. I passed! So now I only have 2 or 3 more hoops to go before I can substitute. I, luckily, have a year to take the CBEST and will wait a few months. I think I'll take it after I start substitute teaching; that way I will have a little money in my pocket, and I will have an idea of what to expect on the test. The only way to get over my hatred of taking tests (well mostly "test anxiety") is to be prepared.

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

It will never end...you will probably have to take the Praxis Exam for your CA clear credential, but I could be wrong. I explained to my students all the time that taking tests is part of life, a rite of passage--so get used to it!!