On the Title

Roi-Et a.k.a. "101" is a city in the northeast of Thailand. I spent more than "One Night in Bangkok," and was on my way to Roi-Et. It wasn't my final destination in Thailand, but the place where I grew the most. I gained a tolerance for spicy food, and learned a little dialect called Essan-- a mixture of Laos and Thai. I learned that it's not the destination but the journey that matters. Just as random as my adventures were in Thailand, so is my life--it's like living in L.A. (oh by the way L.A. is another nickname for Roi-Et).

Friday, April 24, 2009

A New Epidemic

Last night I stayed the night at my sister's house so I could watch my niece this morning while she took her other daughter to a doctor's appointment. She got home around 11 am, and I hung around for a little bit, and then someone came knocking on the front door. I thought it was my niece banging on one of the doors in the house because she got locked inside one of them, or something. I heard my sister talking to someone outside, and so obviously I became interested. It was a Kirby vacuum salesman. She invited him in for a "brief" demonstration (he ended up staying from almost 2.5 hours, and he ate a hot dog).

He showed us all the cool gadgets, directing most of his attention to my sister. During his first hour he showed us all the neat tricks, and it's "transformer" capabilities--from upright to hand held to canister. He told us about CBD, and then proceeded to show us what it is. He went over to the couch and started to vacuum it. I thought he couldn't pick up a whole lot because it's a microfiber couch and it would be easy to see the dirt. When he was finished he showed us the results. It was disgusting. (I obviously had been laying there about an hour before). The dust, dirt, lint, dead skin, etc. was thicker than the dirt that came out of the carpet. Concentrated Butt Dust, CBD. I wanted to buy a Kirby for myself.

The second hour wasn't as impressive--just putting the vacuum away.

1 comment:

Anne said...

A ton of people have told me that thing is worth every penny.